Sunday, 14 July 2013

Writing the blog you want


Over the last four years, I've written a crafty-type blog (I use the term 'crafty-type' very loosely) over at LuckyRainbowDesigns. I've dabbled in sharing positive quotes, showing those interested, cards I've made,  supplies I've bought and bored people silly about my love of New York City while all the while thinking "mmm, this blog isn't really working out the way I hoped and cat videos are waaaaay more interesting!".

Ideally, a craft blog would or at the very least, should have......you guessed it......crafts! I, however seemed incapable of sticking to this and it soon dawned on me (like a bolt of lightening) that I was more interested in writing a personal / lifestyle blog where instead of boring you with hundreds of NYC photos, I now instead delighted you with product reviews, outfit posts, life in Ireland and extracts from my teenage diary. Now, who doesn't wana hear and learn all about that I ask?

I want to write about what it's like to be 31. (Turns out it's not the worst age in the world.) I want to write about what it's like living in Ireland your entire life. I want to write about growing older, the ups and downs of diets and goddammit I want to write about being a lazy couch potato and my intense drive to try to change it all.....I may also want to share a cat video or two, but you're happy about that, right?

And so, with a deep breath, 'twenty three ashbrook' was born. A unusual blog title you might say. Let me tell you this, it's freaking hard in the saturated land of blogs to think up a title that hasn't already been claimed. by some know.it.all.

The title may change, who knows, but for now, 'twenty three ashbrook' is where the blog I want to write will reside. It's the blog where I'll share my first, albeit nervous, outfit posts. The blog where I'll try to write  about the serious and not so serious issues of adult life. The blog where I'll share reviews of products purchased and perhaps the blog where I'll make new friends and of course gather a few old ones too. I may even venture into vlogging land. (Gulp!)

I'm excited to kick start another adventure and see what will happen along the way. I'm looking foward to writing the blog I want to write rather than writing the blog I think everyone wants to read or even the blog I think I should write! Also, I might add, this blog and this particular post was inspired by this very post that I read today. Maybe you have 'a thing' that you need to start. This new, fun and honest space is mine.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment