Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Stuff I know at 31 that I didn't know at 21



If you met and knew me at 21, you would have met a girl who could not, for the life of her, stick up for herself. If a situation became hot, I became quiet. If someone shouted at me, I cried and if a boy walked all over me, I let him.

I am (thankfully) a very different person now. I've also gained a bit of personal wisdom along the way that if I was 21, I would share with my young, dewy-eyed self. Maybe you can relate....

1. Your hangovers will get worse and will last longer. Full stop.
2. There will come a time when you prefer a nice seat, in a nice pub, with no loud noise.
3. Heather Shimmer never really suited you.
4. Bright blue eye shadow didn't suit you either.
5. You won't marry the kid with braces from The Goonies or the kid from Flight of the Navigator.
6. Always dress for the body you have instead of the body you think you have.
7. You still don't possess the ability to tan, but that's fine and dandy.
8. You also prefer city breaks than long holidays in the sweaty sun.
9. You thought you would be some young, hip traveler moving from country to country. Surprisingly, you're not that person. In fact, you nearly always prefer your own bed.
10. Never be scared to cut your hair. It took two years to summon the courage to get a fringe! (bangs)
11. Any type of clothing in any shade of neon was never a good choice
12. There will come a time when you won't be embarrassed to buy sanitary products in a shop.
13. You still don't like olives, turnips or brussell sprouts.
14. The friends you had at 21 are different from the friends you have at 31.
15. You can now cook potatoes better than you did when you first moved to college. Hoo-ray!
16. Cleansing, toning and moisturizing from the age of 14 was an excellent idea.
17. The high flying career you thought you'd have at 31 didn't quite work out that way and you're still wonder why.
18. You're still figuring out number 17 and probably will for a long time.
19. You're third serious boyfriend is the best one.
20. Don't sweat the small stuff. Seriously, don't.
21. If you look at cake, you will put on weight. So don't look at cake. Ever!

What advice would you share with your young self?

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9944291/?claim=8uzamq9mrtr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment:

  1. Ya finally found the blog! :) Love this post! I think you could teach me a thing or two Becca! x

    ReplyDelete